Did you know that we live in an obesogenic society? Many of the factors contributing to our BMI are actually out of our control.
Factors that contribute to weight gain include:
- Our Environment- BPA, Phthalates, plastic polymers, etc.
- Our Microbiome which is directly impacted by our environment
- Medications we may be taking
- Lifestyle choices
- Food Allergens
- Underlying medical conditions which cause people to feel unwell and make poor lifestyle choices.
- Adrenal and Hormonal Health
Discussing weight and using medication to reduce weight and maintain healthy BMI is often underutilized by physicians.
Medication is only part of the puzzle but an important part of helping attain a healthy weight and disease prevention. However, weight loss medication works synergistically with lifestyle changes and exercise.
Journey DPC offers guidance regarding medications for weight loss:
- Did you know that there are currently 6 FDA approved options for weight loss that we can work with?
- Phentermine / Adipex
Journey DPC also offers lipotropic (fat burning) injections in office for DPC members at $10 per injection. Dr Shugrue focuses on addressing the whole person to help achieve overall wellness. If achieving a healthy weight is part of your goals, become a member so that he can help customize a plan for you!
Schedule your free consultation today
Contact Us Today
2341 John Hawkins Pkwy
Hoover, AL 35244